The 5 Panel 10K Softshell Tech Hat is built to withstand the most unforgiving conditions. With Airhole's most technical fabrics and most functional designs. Engineered for warmth and protection its a hat with a built in facemask. If you don't need the facemask, fold it to the back.
Made with Softshell fabric it's water and wind resistant, ideal for extreme conditions.
Why do you need a hole in a face mask in front of your mouth?
As you exhale you also breathe out moisture. This gets trapped in the mask and you end up with a wet face all day..... nice. If it gets cold that moisture freezes making you colder. The Airhole is designed to allow breath to escape freely, avoiding the build up of condensation to keep you dry, warm and goggles fog free. Stay out there longer.
All Airhole masks have a minimum UPF of 50 which means they block 98% of harmful UV rays. This helps prevent premature aging and the risk of damage to the wearers skin. Unlike many sunblock products, Airhole Facemasks block both UVA and UVB radiation.
- 10,000MM SOFTSHELL is our most technical fabric construction that is designed to perform in harsher conditions. The fabric combines water repellency, wind resistance and superior comfort. The outer layer prevents icy winds from lowering your temperature and a DWR (Durable water Repellent) coating beads water to prevent the fabric from becoming saturated.
- 5 PANEL TECH HAT WITH NECK PROTECTION - Versatile head + neck protection with optional face protection
- OUTERWEAR PROTECTION - Technical 2 layer fabric includes a fleece lining for comfort + protection
- 10,000MM MEMBRANE WITH DWR - Water + wind resistant membrane with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish
- MOISTURE WICKING + QUICKDRY - Thermal fleece back panel wicks moisture to fabric surface for rapid drying
Your outerwear needs to be well maintained to perform to the best of its abilities. A week in the mountains can leave outerwear slightly worse for wear. The DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating can be damaged by dirt, body oils and other outdoor elements, causing the fabric to soak up water.
But it’s easy to wash at home to make it good as new for next season.
- Use a specialist technical wash - Avoid household detergents when washing outdoor clothing as they can damage the DWR. A specialist wash will remove dirt and marks while revitalising water repellency.
- Make sure your washing machine is clean - Remove any detergent build-up in your washing machine to ensure the two don’t mix and damage your kit.
- Remove all items from the pockets and do up all zips.
- Wash 2 items at a time and follow the wash instructions on the tech wash bottle