The Vantage was built for the hard-core, demanding the ultimate in everything. Using Aerocore™ construction that features Koroyd®, it simultaneously maximizes full coverage protection and increased airflow. For the most custom fit, the Vantage offers the all BOA® FS360 fit system, with a 360º halo design. Combine all this with the Smith pioneered AirEvac technology for goggle integration, and the Vantage delivers the perfect blend of technology and style.
- Hybrid SL construction - Smith's Hybrid Shell construction combines separate lightweight and durable shells to create an entirely new helmet category. By fusing our tough bombshell ABS construction with flyweight In-Mold technology, our Hybrid Shell construction optimizes the favorable traits of each material in this revolutionary process.
- Aerocore™ construction featuring Koroyd™ - Smith's objective and design philosophy behind Aerocore™ construction is to increase airflow, improve temperature regulation resulting in fog-free vision and improve impact resistance. The objective was achieved through the combination of materials such as EPS and Koroyd®, a revolutionary new material that absorbs more energy upon impact when compared to international standards, while increasing airflow. Aerocore™ construction through the use of Koroyd® and EPS allows for more vents to be placed throughout the helmet without sacrificing protection and comfort.
- MIPS - In a helmet with MIPS Brain Protection System (BPS) the shell and the liner are separated by a Low Friction Layer. When a helmet with MIPS Brain Protection System is subjected to an angled impact, the low friction layer allows the helmet to slide relative to the head. The MIPS BPS is designed to add protection in helmets against the rotational motion. The rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) and rotational forces (from angular acceleration) that both affects the brain and increases the risk for minor and severe brain injuries. MIPS BPS has been scientifically proven to reduce rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by absorbing and redirecting rotational energies and forces transferred to the brain. Click here to find out more about MIPS.
- Low-profile dual regulator adjustable climate control with 21 vents and AirEvac 2 ventilation
- Adjustable Boa® FS360 fit system
- Nanosilver performance lining
- Snapfit SL2 earpads
- Removable ultra-light goggle lock
Getting the right size helmet is very important, if the helmet is too big it doesn't do its job properly, if its too small it can create pressure points and give you headaches.
- Measure your head. Take a soft measuring tape and wrap it around your head about 1 inch above your eyebrows and ears. Most helmets are measured in centimetres, if you measure the circumference of your head and it is 56 cm, you will wear a 56 cm helmet or Medium (55-58cm) depending on the helmet’s size scale. If you are right on the border between the two sizes we would suggest you order the smaller size.
- After you receive your helmet put it on. The helmet should feel snug. A properly fitting helmet needs to be snug all the way around your head so that it doesn’t move around. You don’t want any excess space between the helmet and your head. Be careful to pay attention to any pressure or pain points.
- Shake test. With the helmet on your head, shake your head around. If the helmet moves on its own or shakes separately from your head, it’s too big. Use your hand and move the helmet to the left and right, up and down. The skin of your head should move with the helmet without the helmet shifting on its own. You can choose to buckle the helmet at this point if you wish, but it will not impact the fit of the actual helmet, just keep the helmet on your head.
A Helmet is an important piece of safety equipment, look after it!
- Transporting your helmet. Unless your helmet is in a hard case always take your helmet as carry-on. Checked in luggage is often thrown around by baggage handlers and then stacked 5-6 bags high in the hold. If you have 5x 23kg bags stacked on top of your helmet it will get squashed.
- If you have a crash where you think you have hit your head REPLACE YOUR HELMET. Now you can use your own judgement here, some helmets (usually those over £110rrp) are "Multi impact" helmets. These are made using a different construction method and are able to take a few light impacts before they need replacing. If you have had a concussion or are in anyway unsure be safe and replace it IMMEDIATELY !!!!
- Wearing a Beanie under your helmet. If you wish do do this make sure you remove the liner from the helmet.
- Cleaning. Most helmets have removable liners that you can remove, just pop these in the washing machine. You can clean the shell with a all-purpose kitchen cleaner and kitchen tissue. Do not use solvents!
- We would suggest that you do not put stickers on helmets as this can hide damage.
Delivery & Returns
Standard Delivery (2-3 Working Days*)
Small items - £1.95
For orders under £100 - £3.95
For orders over £100 - FREE
Express delivery (1-2 Working Days*)
Price is calculated by weight;
For orders weighing 0-2 KG - £7.95
For orders weighing 2-5KG - £9.95
Orders weighing 5KG+ - £14.95
Express delivery orders must be received before 2pm for same day dispatch, ski's requiring mounting will be dispatched next day.
Scottish Highlands and Islands may take up to 2 working days longer for delivery than mainland UK. Funky Yeti T-shirts and Hoodies are printed to order by a 3rd party and delivered separately. This may take an additional 5 working days.
International delivery (3-7 Working Days*)
We have just added International delivery to the following countries; Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Spain and Sweden. For other countries contact us for a quote. Unfortunately we are unable to ship to the USA and Canada.
- Small Items 0 - 0.75kg £4.95
- Medium Items 0.75 - 2Kg £7.95
- Larger Items 2 - 8kg £17.95
- Ski's & Snowboards - £35
*Working days are Monday - Friday excluding bank holidays. Orders recieved after 2pm Friday will be dispatched on the next working day.
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you can return it to us within 30 days of receiving your order.
If you require an exchange item we would suggest you place a new order and then return the unwanted item for a refund.
For returns T's & C's click here; Returns