Kevin Backstrom is a man of individual style and finesse and his KB Pro Mitt is as distinctive as his riding style.
Mitts trap body heat by keeping your fingers together and reducing evaporative heat loss. Thinsulate insulation works by trapping air molecules between you and the outside. The more air a material traps in a given space, the greater it’s insulating value. Because the microfibers in Thinsulate insulation are far finer than other fibres, they trap more air in less space, which naturally makes it a better insulator.
- Waterproof HIPORA® insert
- Buff Thumb material to wipe your nose and/or goggle
- Wrist leash included
- Recycled Polyester shell
- SHELL: Recycled Polyester With Durable Water Repellant 15k/10k
- PALM: “Grade A” leather
- INSERT: HIPORA® waterproof insert
- LINING: 220G Fleece / Premium anti-pill polyester micro-fleece
- INSULATION: 13M™ Thinsulate™ 150C/100C
- CLOSURE: Shock cord adjuster
It’s important that your gloves or mittens fit you properly to provide greater dexterity, warmth and comfort, so when buying online it is important that you consult our size chart to make sure you get the right size.
For the best performance, a proper fitting glove should fit snugly and allow enough room at the end of outstretched fingers for you to pinch about a quarter of an inch of fabric.
When you receive your gloves make sure your palm is completely inside the cuff so your wrist remains covered. When you make a fist, the fit shouldn’t be so tight that is constricts your fingers from curving fully.
Make sure your new Pow Gloves are really Built to Last by using our provided waterproofing solution on your new gloves.
Washing & Drying
- Always dry your gloves at room temperature, avoid heaters, driers, and ovens
- Gloves dry best in an upright position
- Do not turn lined gloves inside out. The liner, insulation and membrane can be very difficult to put back into place
- Gloves with removable lining dry faster when the liners are removed and these liners are easy to wash too.
- We do not recommend washing leather gloves frequently. If you do wash them, put on the gloves and wash with soap and lukewarm water. Squeeze out the water gently without twisting.
Note: Leather is all natural; it needs regular care for best results. Reapplying leather oil and water treatments will help ensure year of product life. Visit Nikwax.com for more products and information.
- Nikwax treatment may alter the color of the leather (typically a darker tone), test on a small area to be sure you like the look. Be careful with white leather applications.
- To apply the Nikwax Waterproofing Wax for Leather, put the gloves on normally, apply Nikwax to the leather and spread evenly as though you are applying hand lotion.
- Press Nikwax deep into seams. Remove any excess
- Treat every 30 days, or as needed for optimal water proofing.
- Clean your gloves - Nikwax Tech Wash is one mild soap solution.
- While wet, apply Nikwax Glove Proof with the applicator sponge with special attention to seams.
- After 2 minutes remove any excess solution with damp cloth