The Mindbender series from K2 are all new for 2019/20. The Mindbender 99Ti is one great hard charging freeride ski. With it's Titanal Y-Beam core adding torsional rigidity this ski will dig in then the conditions get rough while maintaining an even flex.
The Mindbender's have gone back to a more traditional shape similar to K2's iKonic series of ski's. If you've only ever used a piste ski you could jump on a pair of Mindbender's and understand how they work making them a really versatile freeride ski.
Despite being a freeride ski the Torsion Control Design and the full sidewall construction still provides excellent edge hold on piste.
- Tip - 138mm
- Waist - 99mm
- Tail - 123mm
- Radius – 18.5m
- Rocker Profile – Tip & Tail Rocker
- Ability Level – Advanced
- All Terrain Rocker - Skis with All-Terrain rocker have a gradual rise to the tip for great versatility in all conditions, with a short, low rise in the tail for added control variable snow.
- PowerWall - Power transfer is dramatically enhanced with the oversized ABS sidewalls that are laminated and pocketed within the wood core in the mid-body of the ski. With the sidewall extending into the heart of the ski, the transmission of energy from skier to ski edge is direct and precise.
- Torsion Control Design - Designed to enhance stability and control in all snow types, TORSION CONTROL DESIGN combines a progressive torsional flex, with a balanced and even longitudinal profile. Torsionally stiffest in the forebody and center of the ski, then easing throughout the tail, K2 skis with TCD have both precise, accurate turn initiation and smooth, consistent turn release in all snow types.
- Ti Y-Beam - K2’s Ti Y-Beam delivers precision in the forebody of the ski, power under foot and stability in the tail, all while maintaining the manoeuvrability and drift control needed for freeride ripping. Precision cut
titanal in a ‘Y’ shape alters the torsional stiffness of the ski while maintaining a balanced, even flex pattern that delivers power in a controlled manner throughout the length of the ski.
- Maple / Aspen Core - Aspen is a lightweight and resilient, great all-around material, while Maple is an energetic, tough, dense wood that absorbs impact.
Click here to read more about selecting a size or click "Ask Us a Question" below.