For intermediate skiers, the all new for 2019/20 Anthem 76x is a nice easy to use forgiving ski. If you haven’t got your carving technique right yet, the cap construction in the tip and tail allows the edges to flex a little allowing easy, skidded parallel turns and the sidewall construction in the middle of the ski gives grip when the snow is firm helping to control your speed. The slight rocker in the tip eases turn initiation for playful, energetic carving performance. The BioKonic core is designed specifically for women, with a mix of two different wood’s which allows the ski to flex better for the way most women ski. Women’s specific core integrated into the Konic Technology design, with a Bioflex (Aspen and Paulownia) wood along the perimeter of the ski and Nanolite through the centre for reduced swing weight with an unmatched flex profile. 5% reduction in weight but a 15% reduction in swing weight.
K2 & the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
In 2002, the K2 Alliance wanted to do more to support their community of women by supporting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF). Pink ribbons were placed on all women’s products to create awareness and directly support the cause; a percentage of all sales of women’s products were donated to the BCRF. Since then, K2 has donated over One Million dollars to the BCRF.
- Tip - 122mm
- Waist - 76mm
- Tail - 103mm
- Radius – 14m
- Rocker Profile - Tip Rocker
- Ability Level - Intermediate
- K2 Alliance, Women making kick-ass ski’s! - The K2 Alliance has always been at the forefront of developing the most badass women’s specific skis and they’ve done it again with their latest collection incorporating the all-new BIOkonic technology. The goal for the Alliance was to create a collection of skis designed from the ground up to specifically address the needs of female skiers of every level, type, and size; delivering the appropriate balance of performance attributes all while maintaining accessibility for a wide group of skiers. K2’s Alliance and R&D crew has taken a Women’s First Design approach to the development of BIOkonic technology. The concept is simple, taking the BIOlogical approach to how women ski. It doesn’t mean just taking a men’s ski and moving the mounting point forward; it’s a holistic approach to the overall design of the ski, matching the shape, flex profile and material distribution to the needs of female skiers. Moreover, BIOkonic technology allows K2 to optimize these attributes throughout all sizes of each model, ensuring that all women can benefit from BIOkonic.
- Catch Free Rocker - Effortless turn initiation at slow and moderate speeds with a gentle, gradual rise in the tip and tail.
- BIOkonic- The optimization of materials and flex profile, placing heavier –dense materials over the edges of the ski where they have the most impact on performance, while guaranteeing optimized flex on every size from smallest to largest.
- Stance Forward – Men and women are built differently, men have broader shoulders and women have broader hips. When in the skiing stance this changes the centre of gravity which is lower and further back for women.
- Hybridtech Sidewalls - Blending a sidewall construction underfoot with a cap construction in the extremities. The sidewall section gives the ski accuracy, power and edge grip while the capped regions reduce swing weight and increase overall durability.
- Aspen Lite BioKonic core - Aspen is lightweight and resilient, a great all-around material.
Bindings are included and mounted for FREE, just add this item to your basket with mounting details.
- Includes Marker ER3 10 COMPACT- A Lightweight binding system with the Triple Pivot Comfort Toe and a Compact heel for the most comfort and secure feel.
- GRIP WALK SYSTEM - New Patented ISO 9523 rocker sole boot and binding system designed for better grip and added walking comfort without compromising the binding’s power transmission and release function. No adjustments needed.
Click here to read more about selecting a size or click "Ask Us a Question" below.
Ski and Snowboard Care and Maintenance
Ski’s and snowboards need a little maintenance to get the best performance from them and to ensure they will last. With the right tools it is possible to do most of this yourself but if you would rather the experts do it for you here is a guide of what to ask for and when.