The ultimate backcountry pack. If you're the type that needs to bring it all, the huge volume, zippered back-panel access, and backcountry features of the Poacher Removable Airbag System 42L will suit you perfectly. The huge 42L capacity (without the airbag installed) provides enough space for everything you need for multi day trips out into the backcountry.
With the ability to insert a Removable Airbag System 3.0® from Mammut® (sold separately or as a kit), means you can transfer it between bags, a smaller bag for regular use around the resorts, then transfer to a bigger bag for longer missions outside the resort boundary where you need to carry more stuff or take it out completely as use it as an everyday backpack.
Dakine’s new Poacher takes the philosophy less is more to the next level. Most Airbag systems deploy through a special zippered compartment. There is a zone that allows the zips to come apart and the airbag pops out. Zips aren’t perfect so Dakine has got rid of it and replaced it with Roll Top Closure. Simply re-pack the airbag and roll the top down. Done!
Please note that we are only able to ship the bags with cartridges to UK mainland addresses only.
How to install the Mammut RAS 3.0 system
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Optional Removable Airbag 3.0® system from Mammut® and Removable R.A.S. Refillable Cylinder from Mammut® compatible
- Roll Top Closure
- DK Impact Spine Protector compatible (sold separately)
- Vertical snowboard carry
- Diagonal & A-frame ski carry
- Back-panel zippered main access
- Large volume zippered top pocket
- Deployable helmet carry
- Insulated hydro sleeve
- Zippered vertical side pocket
- Snow tool/shovel pocket
- Quick draw ice axe loop
- Breathable/padded hip belt and back panel
- Rescue whistle on sternum strap
Without Airbag system installed
- 42 Liters
- 25 x 12 x 9" [ 64 x 30 x 23cm ]
If your DaKine luggage gets dirty, we recommend spot cleaning with mild soap (like Nikwax Tech Wash), cold water and a soft bristle brush. Never attempt to put your DaKine luggage in a washing machine. Always ensure your DaKine luggage is dry (inside and out) before storing.