The Balaclava Full Hinge Waffle Knit is a facemask combined with a balaclava. The front facemask panel hinges down to make eating / drinking easier without having to remove the Balaclava.
Why do you need a hole in a face mask in front of your mouth?
As you exhale you also breathe out moisture. This gets trapped in the mask and you end up with a wet face all day..... nice. If it gets cold that moisture freezes making you colder. The Airhole is designed to allow breath to escape freely, avoiding the build up of condensation to keep you dry, warm and goggles fog free. Stay out there longer.
All Airhole masks have a minimum UPF of 50 which means they block 98% of harmful UV rays. This helps prevent premature aging and the risk of damage to the wearers skin. Unlike many sunblock products, Airhole Facemasks block both UVA and UVB radiation.
- WAFFLE FLEECE is a lightweight, technical gridded fleece fabric that is moisture wicking and allows air to flow freely to keep you warm and dry. We also apply a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating to bead water and prevent the fabric from becoming damp to keep your face dry. The stretchy design remains comfortable all day, all season long.
- BALACLAVA FULL HINGE - Maximum Flexibility
- DWR - (Durable Water Repellent) finish to repel water
- LIGHTWEIGHT + BREATHABLE - Excess heat escapes through the waffle structure to regulate temperature
- MOISTURE WICKING + QUICKDRY - Wicks moisture to fabric surface for rapid drying
Your outerwear needs to be well maintained to perform to the best of its abilities. A week in the mountains can leave outerwear slightly worse for wear. The DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating can be damaged by dirt, body oils and other outdoor elements, causing the fabric to soak up water.
But it’s easy to wash at home to make it good as new for next season.
- Use a specialist technical wash - Avoid household detergents when washing outdoor clothing as they can damage the DWR. A specialist wash will remove dirt and marks while revitalising water repellency.
- Make sure your washing machine is clean - Remove any detergent build-up in your washing machine to ensure the two don’t mix and damage your kit.
- Remove all items from the pockets and do up all zips.
- Wash 2 items at a time and follow the wash instructions on the tech wash bottle