The Airtube Ergo Polar Fleece is Airhole most popular model due to its traditional fleece fabric. It's insulated and has a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating so it doesn't absorb moisture from rain and snow.
Why do you need a hole in a face mask in front of your mouth?
As you exhale you also breathe out moisture. This gets trapped in the mask and you end up with a wet face all day..... nice. If it gets cold that moisture freezes making you colder. The Airhole is designed to allow breath to escape freely, avoiding the build up of condensation to keep you dry, warm and goggles fog free. Stay out there longer.
All Airhole masks have a minimum UPF of 50 which means they block 98% of harmful UV rays. This helps prevent premature aging and the risk of damage to the wearers skin. Unlike many sunblock products, Airhole Facemasks block both UVA and UVB radiation.
- POLAR FLEECE is our most popular fabric due to its high performance polyester & spandex construction that performs in all conditions. Polar fleece repels moisture and protects against cold and heat making it ideal for everything from mid winter adventures to spring park laps. We also apply a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating to bead water and prevent the fabric from becoming saturated to keep your face dry and comfortable.
- AIRTUBE ERGO - Ergonomic shape
- DWR - (Durable Water Repellent) finish to repel water
- TRUSTED PROTECTION - Polar fleece is a trusted wool replacement for warmth
- HYDROPHOBIC + QUICKDRY - Repels water + dries rapidly
Your outerwear needs to be well maintained to perform to the best of its abilities. A week in the mountains can leave outerwear slightly worse for wear. The DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating can be damaged by dirt, body oils and other outdoor elements, causing the fabric to soak up water.
But it’s easy to wash at home to make it good as new for next season.
- Use a specialist technical wash - Avoid household detergents when washing outdoor clothing as they can damage the DWR. A specialist wash will remove dirt and marks while revitalising water repellency.
- Make sure your washing machine is clean - Remove any detergent build-up in your washing machine to ensure the two don’t mix and damage your kit.
- Remove all items from the pockets and do up all zips.
- Wash 2 items at a time and follow the wash instructions on the tech wash bottle